2013 Reading Rocks Awards Ceremony Gallery
Clear Channel Communities and 101.3 KDWB Announce 2013 Reading Rocks Award Winners
"Reading Rocks is an example of how strong partnerships between the state and community partners can advance our goal to promote literacy so every child can become a great reader," said Charlene Briner, Minnesota Department of Education Chief of Staff. "I want to congratulate the schools and students being recognized today for setting a great example for their peers and adults throughout Minnesota about just how much fun reading can be."
Reading Rockstar Award recipients:
• Lafayette Charter (Lafayette)
• Noble Elementary (Golden Valley)
• Beacon Academy (Maple Grove)
Reading Rocks Achievement Award recipients:
• Al-Amal (Fridley)
• Lakeview Elementary (Robbinsdale)
• Watertown-Mayer Elementary (Watertown)
• Richfield STEM School (Richfield)
• Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion School (Eden Prairie)
• Kenyon-Wanamingo Middle School (Kenyon)
• Richard Green Central Park School (Minneapolis)
• Motley Middle School (Motley)
• New Beginnings School (Chaska)
• Minneapolis College Prep (Minneapolis)
Big D adopts Noble Elementary School to promote reading.
MN Department of Educations' Read-It in studio with Lee Valsvik to promote Reading Rocks.